Saturday, August 16, 2008

Distinguishing Details: Curtain Walls in Copenhagen

In June of 2006, I had the opportunity to travel to Copenhagen on business. After my meetings were over, I stayed in Denmark for two additional days and guided myself on a whirlwind tour of the area architecture (including even a brief trip to Malmö, Sweden, to see Santiago Calatrava's Turning Torso building). It was exciting for me to be able to visit Copenhagen not only because of the great heritage of Danish architecture and design, but also because of my own Danish roots (on my Mom's side). I was not disappointed: Copenhagen is a wonderful city full of beautiful traditional architecture, classic Modern architecture, and innovative new architecture. Here are some facade details from buildings I saw on my trip.
SAS Hotel, (c) J.FulltonTivoli Concert Hall Rotunda, (c) J.FulltonGemini Residence, (c) J.FulltonRoyal LibraryNordlyset Residences, (c) J.FulltonFerring IPC, (c) J.FulltonTietgenkollegiet, (c) J.FulltonVM HousingBuilding in Ørestad, (c) J.FulltonBuilding in Ørestad, (c) J.Fullton

No comments: