Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Three Down, Four to Go

I just got back from taking my third registration exam: Schematic Design. The test material was not really difficult, but the time constraints made it feel a bit difficult. In the first of two exercises, I had one hour to lay out the interior partitions and furniture for a suite of offices. In the second, I had four hours to lay out the schematic plans for a two-story building given a specific program and code requirements. Neither of these exercises created great architecture, but I hope that I was able to fulfill the program and code requirements sufficiently. There were certainly some things I wished I could have clarified or tweaked, but at a some point, you are just beyond the point of no return! I know I could have been more clear on a few components of each layout, but I am hoping that I made only minor, non-critical errors in the exam.

As with the other two exams I have already taken, I will reserve judgment on the level of difficulty of the test until I receive my scores; however, I do feel optimistic and hopeful that this particular exam went pretty smoothly.

Incidentally, I have not yet received any scores from my other two exams, even though I took the first one two months ago. Maybe I'll get a few passing scores for Christmas!

No comments: