Friday, September 26, 2008

ARE You Nervous?

Today I did it!  I registered for my first ARE (Architect Registration Exam)!

After seven years of school and three-and-a-half years of full-time employment, it has been a long time coming.  So, on October 21st at 12:30 in the afternoon I will sit to take the the first of seven registration exams:  "Site Planning & Design."  As I am still completing some final IDP (Intern Development Program) requirements toward licensing, I will be taking my registration exams for the state of Massachusetts, which (unlike Connecticut) allows candidates to sit for the AREs before finishing IDP.  This will hopefully allow me to complete both in a timely manner.  My goal is to be licensed sometime next spring, or before Kim and I bring our children home from Brazil, whichever comes first.  (Hopefully the kids come home first!)

Yikes, I had better get crackin'.

2 comments:

Ina said...

Yay - congrats! I took Site Planning first too back in April and passed. Good luck! I'm trying to finish on 3.1 before June. Trying to schedule CDs soon.

Jim Fullton said...

Good luck, Son. I know you will do well. We're proud of you!