Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Campus Views

I have really enjoyed getting to know Yale's campus a bit better in the last few months since starting my job as Senior Planner.  In addition to the exceptional people I have the opportunity to work with daily, my job affords me access to some pretty cool places.

Here are some highlights from the past few months:

Looking southwest from the seventh floor of Whitney Grove Square over Timothy Dwight College toward the New Haven Green.  (Alas, the Dementors did not show.)


A view of Yale from the 14th floor of he Eli building downtown.  Sterling Memorial Library is on the left, the Hall of Graduate Studies tower in the center, and the shrouded Payne Whitney Gymnasium tower on the right.


Beinecke Library and Plaza, with Commons to the right.

From the roof of Payne Whitney Gym looking east over Morse and Stiles Colleges, with the Hall of Graduate Studies tower in between.

A beautiful late-summer day in the Silliman courtyard.

The interior of the Berkeley dining hall.


The reading room at the Divinity School Library.

A panoramic view of the Yale Bowl.  (I am pretty sure this was only the third time in my life I have ever been inside a football stadium.)

Take me out to the ballgame?  A view of Yale Field.

1 comment:

Julia said...

These are so fun to see! We love our new(ish) city very much but I will always feel very fondly about New Haven and Yale.